Home » Audio » Speaker » Apple Homepod
Apple Homepod [message #87225] Tue, 13 February 2018 15:11 Go to next message
Snickers is currently offline  Snickers
Chancellor
Has anyone tried out the Apple Homepod? I've been reading through several reviews, and it sounds like the speaker is definitely worth the money, so long as you have an Apple device that has AirPlay. It has an automatic room compensation feature that's supposed to work very well in rooms that normally aren't great, acoustically-speaking. If that's true, I'd get one for that alone. Here's one of the reviews I read, if you're interested. What are your thoughts?
Re: Apple Homepod [message #87243 is a reply to message #87225] Sat, 17 February 2018 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
It sounds like it has a lot of great features, but I've read that it stains wood. I'm sure that could easily be avoided by placing something underneath it. I've found that with Apple products it's usually best to wait a few months before purchasing. The problems any of their products may have will usually be fixed by then.
Re: Apple Homepod [message #87337 is a reply to message #87243] Fri, 02 March 2018 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The Homepod looks cool and useful. I like to wait until they make a new model. If its features aren't something I'd use often, I can buy the older version at a cheaper price with the same warranty.
Re: Apple Homepod [message #87381 is a reply to message #87337] Tue, 06 March 2018 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EasyE is currently offline  EasyE
Chancellor
Madison wrote on Fri, 02 March 2018 19:31
The Homepod looks cool and useful. I like to wait until they make a new model. If its features aren't something I'd use often, I can buy the older version at a cheaper price with the same warranty.

That's probably a smart way to go about it, Madison. I love the idea of having a smart audio system, but there's no denying that the more features a product has, the more potential there is for bugs and technical issues. Knowing Apple, there will be a new version released soon that won't be all that different.
Re: Apple Homepod [message #87559 is a reply to message #87225] Mon, 26 March 2018 14:38 Go to previous message
Jungle is currently offline  Jungle
Chancellor
I got a Homepod and I wish I'd waited until all the bugs and whatnot were figured out. It's a really great speaker, honestly. It's just a little lackluster with the "smart" part. I was also disappointed that there was no Bluetooth streaming or aux input.
Previous Topic: Dampening Speakers
Next Topic: $27,000 Speakers!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:03:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout