Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Best movie review site
Best movie review site [message #87074] Thu, 18 January 2018 18:34 Go to next message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
I know there are more movie review sites than we could count, but which ones are among the best in providing up-to-date and well-written reviews, in your opinion?
Re: Best movie review site [message #87082 is a reply to message #87074] Thu, 18 January 2018 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tikki is currently offline  Tikki
Baron
Rotten Tomatoes, hands down. I love the way they write their reviews and they always seem to be the first with any really exciting tidbits about the movies that are upcoming.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87086 is a reply to message #87074] Fri, 19 January 2018 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
My three favorites are Rotten Tomatoes, MetaCritic and FilmSite.org. Between these three sites, you will never miss any important news about movies.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87087 is a reply to message #87074] Fri, 19 January 2018 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
I usually do one of two things. Either use Google to find reviews. I don't typically go to one specific site. That being said, I will sometimes look at the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. Usually though, I just got to IMDB for all of my movie needs and they usually have a lot of reviews linked on there and from their members.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87135 is a reply to message #87074] Wed, 24 January 2018 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Those are the top sites I think. Judging from the few reviews I looked at on each of them, they are very well written and full of all the relevant information.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87141 is a reply to message #87074] Fri, 26 January 2018 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lohan is currently offline  Lohan
Chancellor
Being home alone on a Friday night, suddenly this topic starts to look really good! I don't usually read these reviews on such sites, but I guess they could be useful if you're looking forward to a certain movie and want to know more info. Like, I just read that Black Panther sold more advance tickets than any other Marvel movie in history! Imagine that!
Re: Best movie review site [message #87147 is a reply to message #87141] Sun, 28 January 2018 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
Lohan wrote on Fri, 26 January 2018 18:44
Being home alone on a Friday night, suddenly this topic starts to look really good! I don't usually read these reviews on such sites, but I guess they could be useful if you're looking forward to a certain movie and want to know more info. Like, I just read that Black Panther sold more advance tickets than any other Marvel movie in history! Imagine that!

That's awesome! I can't say I'm too surprised. The trailers look absolutely amazing. I forgot it was coming out so soon. I also like reading the reviews on Vulture because I really like how witty the writers are there. I don't always agree with them, but they're usually entertaining reads nonetheless.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87171 is a reply to message #87074] Wed, 31 January 2018 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
As far as movie reviews go, Vulture does write the most engaging and interesting ones. It's not always just about imparting information I guess, but also about how it's shared in order to keep your audience interested.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87239 is a reply to message #87171] Fri, 16 February 2018 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snickers is currently offline  Snickers
Chancellor
Solitary wrote on Wed, 31 January 2018 09:22
As far as movie reviews go, Vulture does write the most engaging and interesting ones. It's not always just about imparting information I guess, but also about how it's shared in order to keep your audience interested.

I've never read any reviews by Vulture before. I guess I'll have to check them out next time I'm looking for reviews. Typically, I don't really bother with reviews. Everyone has their own opinions and I don't really want to let someone else's opinion color my own before I even see the movie, you know? I might check them out after I see a movie, just to see how many people agree with my thoughts. I used to really like IMDB for that, but it's not as fun now without the forums on there.
Re: Best movie review site [message #87286 is a reply to message #87074] Tue, 27 February 2018 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
monster is currently offline  monster
Chancellor
I never really use review sites for movies. I use them more for television shows since they're more of a commitment. I also look around for recaps after I watch an episode to see how other people reacted. They're sort of like reviews, right? I usually look at EW and Vulture for those.
Previous Topic: Movies and songs 2018
Next Topic: Which bands/artists sing live during concert?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:52:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio