Home » Audio » Speaker » Laptop Speakers In Mono
Laptop Speakers In Mono [message #87212] Fri, 09 February 2018 08:39 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Am I the only one who thinks that factory installed speakers in a laptop sound like mono? I listented to a Kid Rock song a little bit ago, and yeah, it sounded like mono.

If I'm not the only one, am I the only one who enjoys that stripped down sound every once in a while?
Re: Laptop Speakers In Mono [message #87217 is a reply to message #87212] Sun, 11 February 2018 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reinhardt is currently offline  Reinhardt
Chancellor
I had to test mine to see if I could pick up the difference between stereo and mono recordings. I used this, if you're interested. I noticed a pretty significant difference. I'm using a MacBook. What kind of laptop are you using?

You're not the only one. I enjoy mono sometimes. It depends on the song.
Re: Laptop Speakers In Mono [message #87279 is a reply to message #87212] Mon, 26 February 2018 00:56 Go to previous message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
I think they typically sound more like mono than stereo. Then again, it's been a long time since I've bothered with factory speakers on my PC, so maybe they've gotten better.

I can deal with the stripped down sound every now and again but it's not really something I ever seek out.
Previous Topic: Are subwoofers worth it?
Next Topic: Smart Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:32:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout