Home » Audio » General » Amazon reviews
Amazon reviews [message #87159] Mon, 29 January 2018 17:53 Go to next message
Stephan is currently offline  Stephan
Chancellor
Hey everyone, I just want to find out if any of you make any purchasing decisions based on what the reviews on Amazon say. Do you trust those reviews at all or do you think that they may not paint a true picture of the product?
Re: Amazon reviews [message #87167 is a reply to message #87159] Tue, 30 January 2018 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
I read a lot of the reviews on Amazon and on other sites just to get a feel of what others who have used the item I want to purchase have to say. I think it's very helpful.
Re: Amazon reviews [message #87174 is a reply to message #87159] Wed, 31 January 2018 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
I think that it depends on what you're purchasing, but if it's something that really means a lot to you, then you should search deeper. Amazon alone may not paint a true picture of the product.
Re: Amazon reviews [message #87180 is a reply to message #87174] Wed, 31 January 2018 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I look at them, but beware that not all are genuine. When I see lots of them praising something, it brings up red flags. There is a lot of "paid for reviewers" for various projects. They get paid to make up reviews. Many sites now list only reviews from verified purchasers. Still when all the reviews are great...I wonder.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Amazon reviews [message #87192 is a reply to message #87159] Sat, 03 February 2018 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
You're right to be wary. A lot of the proof that people are showing on their sites is fake, and so are most reviews. I think that the more research you do into a product, the clearer the true picture will be for you.
Re: Amazon reviews [message #87193 is a reply to message #87159] Sun, 04 February 2018 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If a seller offers you a discount on your next purchase if you write a good review for them, is that still considered a paid-for review?

I take reviews into consideration as well as how long the seller has been with Amazon. As competitive as all this is, you won't last long if you don't please the buyers.
Re: Amazon reviews [message #87269 is a reply to message #87193] Sun, 25 February 2018 10:56 Go to previous message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Kingfish wrote on Sun, 04 February 2018 09:08
If a seller offers you a discount on your next purchase if you write a good review for them, is that still considered a paid-for review?

Technically, yes. It plays into the old adage of "The best way to make money is to save money".

I look at the tenure of the seller on Amazon more than I do reviews. Longevity can speak louder than words.
Previous Topic: General question
Next Topic: Paste Music & Daytrotter App
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:30:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout