Home » Audio » Source » Converting cassette tapes to digital format
Converting cassette tapes to digital format [message #87045] Tue, 16 January 2018 17:58 Go to next message
Stephan is currently offline  Stephan
Chancellor
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I have a quick question. OK, I have a lot of questions - but the first one is, how does one go about converting cassette tapes to digital format while conserving the quality of the sound?
Re: Converting cassette tapes to digital format [message #87053 is a reply to message #87045] Wed, 17 January 2018 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you - just more questions. I would like to know why you want to do that in the first place. Is the sound quality not going to be compromised?
Re: Converting cassette tapes to digital format [message #87056 is a reply to message #87053] Wed, 17 January 2018 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Connect a cassette tape player to a computer sound card and use software to create a sound file. You can use Windows Sound Recorder to create a WAV file, or you can use another program like Audacity to create other formats, like FLAC. Some formats and settings are better than others; Some create high-quality files that are large, others create small files of lesser quality. Research file formats and sampling rates:
Re: Converting cassette tapes to digital format [message #87099 is a reply to message #87045] Sun, 21 January 2018 10:54 Go to previous message
Stephan is currently offline  Stephan
Chancellor
Thank you for the help, guys. I did try to research that on my own but the tech lingo is just too hard for me. I think I will just let someone else do it for me instead.
Previous Topic: Variac
Next Topic: Vinyl question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:32:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout