Home » Audio » Radio » Holiday spirit
Holiday spirit [message #86874] Mon, 25 December 2017 04:23 Go to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
Which station in your opinion really captures the true essence of the holiday season and plays really great music and shows for the whole family?
Re: Holiday spirit [message #86886 is a reply to message #86874] Tue, 26 December 2017 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I have a local station that plays Christmas music from December 19th through the 26th and it's good. They track Santa through NORAD and have "experts" come in to discuss what reindeer should eat to maintain their tip top shape for long distance flying and whether Mrs. Claus will ever write a tell-all book. I loved it as a kid.
Re: Holiday spirit [message #86901 is a reply to message #86886] Thu, 28 December 2017 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
Strum Drum wrote on Tue, 26 December 2017 15:23
I have a local station that plays Christmas music from December 19th through the 26th and it's good. They track Santa through NORAD and have "experts" come in to discuss what reindeer should eat to maintain their tip top shape for long distance flying and whether Mrs. Claus will ever write a tell-all book. I loved it as a kid.

That's adorable. I wish we had something like that in my area. I've found that the amount of Christmas music being played on the radio has decreased over the last few years. I don't know if it's because of people getting offended over the holidays or what, but I've noticed they don't even play it in stores as much (but don't shy away from trying to sell holiday products).
Re: Holiday spirit [message #86907 is a reply to message #86874] Fri, 29 December 2017 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I'm still looking for the station run by the "Grinch" Laughing Laughing Have a great new year.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Holiday spirit [message #86963 is a reply to message #86886] Tue, 09 January 2018 03:38 Go to previous message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
Strum Drum wrote on Tue, 26 December 2017 15:23

That does sound wonderful. I don't think we have anything like that in our area, but the radio stations do make an effort to play more of those merry holiday songs during Christmas season.
Previous Topic: Which kit to convert analog to digital?
Next Topic: Having two car radios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:09:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout