Home » Audio » General » Sound Matters Podcast
Sound Matters Podcast [message #86726] Sun, 10 December 2017 18:08 Go to next message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
So there's this podcast on Soundcloud called Sound Matters. There's a lot of talk in this episode about how audiophiles like hi-def music while most people are cool with listening to whatever in a compressed digital format. It's about searching for the "mythical perfect audio experience". But there are a lot of other interesting episodes about all kinds of sound. It's been interesting so far and I thought I'd share it with all of you
Re: Sound Matters Podcast [message #86753 is a reply to message #86726] Wed, 13 December 2017 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
That sounds like a very interesting discussion and I will be sure to make some time to listen to it later on today. Thanks for sharing that.
Re: Sound Matters Podcast [message #86758 is a reply to message #86726] Wed, 13 December 2017 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
To be honest, I'm one of those people who are cool with listening to whatever in a compressed digital format! I'm not proud of it, but as I grow older, I'm starting to find a new appreciation for quality sound.
Re: Sound Matters Podcast [message #86760 is a reply to message #86726] Wed, 13 December 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tikki is currently offline  Tikki
Baron
Does that perfect audio experience even exist? I think that if it did, it would be different for everyone anyway, so not much to be gained by searching for it, is there? You either will experience it or you won't.
Re: Sound Matters Podcast [message #86922 is a reply to message #86760] Tue, 02 January 2018 10:32 Go to previous message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
Tikki wrote on Wed, 13 December 2017 18:49
Does that perfect audio experience even exist? I think that if it did, it would be different for everyone anyway, so not much to be gained by searching for it, is there? You either will experience it or you won't.

I would imagine that there would at least be a few different versions of the "perfect" experience anyways. I just thought it was an interesting podcast but of course it's not for everyone.
Previous Topic: Poolside speakers
Next Topic: Aren't bluetooth and WiFi features the same thing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:41:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio