Home » Audio » Radio » Don't laugh!
Don't laugh! [message #86676] Wed, 29 November 2017 11:18 Go to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
Hey guys. I have a stupid question here, but I really want to know the answer. Why does my phone radio only work when the earphones are plugged in?
Re: Don't laugh! [message #86684 is a reply to message #86676] Fri, 01 December 2017 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Is it a Samsung model by chance? I had one that did that a few years ago. When I asked customer service, the answer was that the phone jack doubles as an antenna. No laughing from me, the issue bugged me enough to call customer service. I thought that it was my fault, like I had hit a wrong button that messed up my phone.
Re: Don't laugh! [message #86692 is a reply to message #86684] Fri, 01 December 2017 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, That is the answer. For some reason using the jack to connect to other gear (like an amp) doesn't act the same.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Don't laugh! [message #86873 is a reply to message #86676] Mon, 25 December 2017 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
I certainly wasn't laughing because I'm one of those people who did wonder about that even though I didn't bother to try and find out the reason. It's great to finally know.
Re: Don't laugh! [message #87119 is a reply to message #86676] Mon, 22 January 2018 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan is currently offline  Stephan
Chancellor
I had to find out what it was we were not supposed to laugh about, but after reading your question, I couldn't help the laugh that escaped from me because I remember wondering about the same thing some time back, only I was too shy to ask anyone because I didn't want to look dumb... Very Happy
Re: Don't laugh! [message #89250 is a reply to message #86676] Mon, 19 November 2018 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
There is no question that is dumb unless you already know the answer to the question. I had the same problem as I am also using a Samsung phone. What is funny is that I can play music through the player without the headphone but I cannot use the radio without the headphone connected.
Re: Don't laugh! [message #89510 is a reply to message #86676] Mon, 07 January 2019 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
While this has never happened to me, I'm laughing because it's exactly the type of thing that would! Laughing Sometimes these gadgets have the simplest explanations or fixes. It's almost too obvious to consider until someone tells you. Glad you got it all worked out, happy listening.
Re: Don't laugh! [message #89525 is a reply to message #86676] Wed, 09 January 2019 07:46 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
It never occurred to me that the reason for this was because the jack also acts as an antenna. Oddly enough, I hardly listen to the radio through the phone since switching to iOS.
Previous Topic: Radio outdated?
Next Topic: ICA AC Companion Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:54:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout