Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Where can I find affordable music books
Where can I find affordable music books [message #86539] Tue, 14 November 2017 10:30 Go to next message
Strum Drum  is currently offline Strum Drum
Chancellor
I've started teaching a few classes for underprivileged kids. I have a shoe-string budget to work with, most of the money is going to rent instruments. Where can I find affordable music books for beginners?
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #86621 is a reply to message #86539 ] Tue, 21 November 2017 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funkymusic  is currently offline funkymusic
Baron
My go-to answer whenever someone asks where they can get something "affordable" is Amazon. I would definitely check out there! If you have any local used book shops around you, they might also have something there for you. You could also opt for the non-book method and just print out free material you find on the internet, although I'm not sure if that would be more price-efficient in the long run or not. How many students do you have?
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #86683 is a reply to message #86539 ] Fri, 01 December 2017 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote  is currently offline Lost the Remote
Viscount
I've previously found affordable beginner music books on ebay.
If you don't mind buying used books, you might try there.
A lot of classical music has entered the public domain. The music composition itself is free to use. Take a look at this non-profit which has free textbooks and sheet music.
https://musopen.org/
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #86745 is a reply to message #86539 ] Wed, 13 December 2017 13:23 Go to previous message
Charlie82  is currently offline Charlie82
Baron
Lost the Remote is right. If you're looking for classical music you should be able to find free resources all around the web. Other than the great suggestions already mentioned, you could also check out sites like Half Price Books.
Previous Topic:Guitars
Next Topic:Mixing Console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 18 03:06:51 CST 2017

Sponsoring Organizations

AudioKinesis
AudioKinesis
BOI Audioworks
BOI Audioworks
BuildAnAmp.com
BuildAnAmp.com
Crescendo Systems