Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » rogue 88 amp
rogue 88 amp [message #8551] Tue, 26 October 2004 16:11 Go to next message
Jeff is currently offline  Jeff
Chancellor
I am new to tubes, so bear with me. I replaces the 4 KT88 tubes and the 12ax7 tubes because the right channel fails to play sound. The fuses look OK. I have not, nor do I understand how to, checked the ceramic fuses. How do I continie checking to see what is the problem Thanks!

Re: rogue 88 amp [message #8552 is a reply to message #8551] Thu, 28 October 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Do you have an oscilloscope, DVM or any test equipment? If so, you can trace the signal from input to output to see where it fails. If not, you might try swapping components and find it by a process of elimination. Try tubes first, capacitors second, and transformers and resistors last.

Re: rogue 88 amp [message #8557 is a reply to message #8552] Sun, 07 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim is currently offline  jim
Esquire
i have a blown output fuse in my rogue 88 (to transformer), I amunable to read the rating, the manual does not help. Any clue ?

thanks

Re: rogue 88 amp [message #8660 is a reply to message #8557] Sat, 08 January 2005 05:32 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Does the amp work properly? If so, I'd probably use the smallest value fuse that will work at full power without blowing. If you have a meter, you can insert it into the circuit where the fuse goes and measure the current. If not, try a relatively small value fast-blo fuse at first and work your way up to a value that doesn't blow.

Previous Topic: K-502 Report
Next Topic: tube sub info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:56:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout