Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Games about music?
Games about music? [message #84397] Tue, 24 January 2017 01:51 Go to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
Not just games with good soundtracks, what games do you know where music is actually part of the gameplay. I can think of Eternal Sonata, and Ephemeral Fantasia, but not many others.
Re: Games about music? [message #84409 is a reply to message #84397] Thu, 26 January 2017 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hylo
Baron
Rockband? Guitar Hero? They are music-based and I spend way too long on them. There's a new one due soon. Wonder if you could use the controllers to actually make your own music?
Re: Games about music? [message #84449 is a reply to message #84409] Sun, 29 January 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hylo wrote on Thu, 26 January 2017 05:03
Wonder if you could use the controllers to actually make your own music?

You can do just about anything else these days with those systems, so why not? That would be a pretty good development actually. It might get kids more involved with music.
Re: Games about music? [message #86295 is a reply to message #84397] Mon, 09 October 2017 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodsounds is currently offline  goodsounds
Chancellor
There's this one game called Jazz Smash and it is one of my favorites. It is not about making music or playing music exactly, but it is basically smashing objects to a rhythmic tune that is playing. So even though it is not playing an instrument directly, it is very musical and got an awesome beat to it. You unlock new things to smash as you progress, and there is a jazz tune and a rock tune. It's an app on Android, Google Play, and Ios.
Re: Games about music? [message #86355 is a reply to message #84397] Fri, 20 October 2017 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankieg is currently offline  frankieg
Chancellor
I only know of Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Oh, no, wait, the Zelda games include it as part of the gameplay. It's not a huge part of the game but it's definitely essential. I'm with you, Kingfish, that sounds like something that would totally be plausible and a great learning tool for kids, or anyone really. Jazz Smash sounds really cool!
Re: Games about music? [message #86535 is a reply to message #84397] Mon, 13 November 2017 17:46 Go to previous message
Rockman is currently offline  Rockman
Esquire
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time features a bunch of tunes that you have to memorize. They are essential for progress in the game and are involved very frequently. You even get to compose your own song if you find a special scarecrow; this allows you to access more areas in the game.
Previous Topic: Golden Age of Music
Next Topic: Music Covers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:55:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout