Home » Sponsored » AudioKinesis » Why the music matters for men
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #71286 is a reply to message #53643 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miranda Starr  is currently offline Miranda Starr
Chancellor
I'm sure this is true for some, but I think there are many exceptions. I know some men who are much more interested in subjects like sports and politics. I do agree that there is a certain percentage of the male population that is extremely into music, and the reasons given for that here make sense.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #71592 is a reply to message #53643 ] Wed, 29 February 2012 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Wiz  is currently offline The Wiz
Chancellor
This is an interesting thread, and something I'd never really thought of. So women have things like sad movies to get their feelings out. Men rely on music for that cathartic experience. That's a great theory, it seems to ring true for me.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #72424 is a reply to message #53643 ] Sat, 28 April 2012 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
I think you have something here with the feelings theory. My hubby loves metal music, even though to me most of it just sounds like screaming. He connects to it in a way that I cannot comprehend.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #73894 is a reply to message #53643 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90  is currently offline audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Duke wrote on Sat, 01 July 2006 17:41
They don't need the inner therapy session that we get when we put on an album we love, close our eyes, and feel all it way way down deep to the very bottom of our souls. And when it's over, we come away just a little bit better than we were before, a little bit more true to that part of ourselves, and perhaps a little bit healed from the wounds we would never let anyone know were there.

This is an old thread, but interesting. While it's true that men are socialized to repress emotion more (which I think is a shame), I'm not sure that translates to a deeper appreciation for music. What Duke describes above certainly happens to me as a female when I listen to music. I'm sure it happens to plenty of other women as well.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #76184 is a reply to message #53643 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny  is currently offline Danny
Master
I can't say that I've noticed that more men get into music than women. Almost all the women I know love music. However, there are many more men musicians. I think there might be something to that, but what, I have yet to figure out.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #76881 is a reply to message #53643 ] Tue, 28 May 2013 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri  is currently offline Azuri
Master
This is an interesting topic Duke, thanks. Now that I think about it, it does seem that more men are "in tune" as it were. You would think that music being a more emotional outlet and women being more emotional, that things would be different, but they're not.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #83990 is a reply to message #53643 ] Tue, 29 November 2016 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish  is currently offline Kingfish
Grand Master
Now that I think about it, you do have more men who are singers and songwriters than there are women.

So music appeals more to men than women......go figure.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #84171 is a reply to message #53643 ] Fri, 23 December 2016 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cortney  is currently offline Cortney
Viscount
We are vibrational beings, and music is nothing other than vibration that we are translating and hearing and 'feeling' so it doesn't come as a surprise that ALL people find vibrational alignment with at least one type of music.
Re: Why the music matters for men [message #86524 is a reply to message #53643 ] Sun, 12 November 2017 14:00 Go to previous message
WorkingWoman2017  is currently offline WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
Well, I have to disagree with you that women only like music in a social setting. I love to get in my car for a long trip and play all my music over and over. I really miss that these days since I don't get to go as much. Not every idea is 100%.
Previous Topic:Could you recommend some good speakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 03:31:46 CST 2017

Sponsoring Organizations

AudioKinesis
AudioKinesis
BOI Audioworks
BOI Audioworks
BuildAnAmp.com
BuildAnAmp.com
Crescendo Systems
Crescendo Systems
DIY Audio Projects