Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Turntable for beginner
Turntable for beginner [message #86429] Mon, 30 October 2017 09:31 Go to next message
frankieg is currently offline  frankieg
Chancellor
Anyone have any suggestions for a turntable that's good for a beginner? I've been wanting to give this a shot for a while and finally have some cash so I can splurge a little. I'm hoping to find a good deal on Cyber Monday, but we'll see.
Re: Turntable for beginner [message #86436 is a reply to message #86429] Mon, 30 October 2017 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Rega makes some good entry-level turntables. The Technics direct-drive table is good too. Either can be purchased for under a grand. You can find plenty of other great tables in the $1-3K range.

Re: Turntable for beginner [message #86459 is a reply to message #86436] Wed, 01 November 2017 12:47 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 12:51

Rega makes some good entry-level turntables. The Technics direct-drive table is good too. Either can be purchased for under a grand. You can find plenty of other great tables in the $1-3K range.

That's quite a modest price range for a beginner, because I have heard folks talk of turntables that cost as much as $5,000. Are you looking into turning pro at some point frankieg?
Previous Topic: Guitars with several necks
Next Topic: Best places to buy non-standard instruments?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:40:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio