Home » Audio » Radio » What is causing sound distortion?
What is causing sound distortion? [message #86397] Thu, 26 October 2017 23:51 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The sound starts off fine, then it gets lower, then garbled, then is fine again, and it repeats the same problems. I don't think it's the station because this happens on other stations as well. It is constant though, just every once in a while.
Re: What is causing sound distortion? [message #86444 is a reply to message #86397] Tue, 31 October 2017 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, more information is needed ...is this in the car, home, what type of equipment, is it AM, FM, Satelite, Digital....

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What is causing sound distortion? [message #86462 is a reply to message #86397] Wed, 01 November 2017 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
It's a Radio Shack AM/FM radio. It doesn't play tapes or CDs or anything like that. The sound issue is constant, but just every once in a while - meaning, if the radio is on, the sound problem will happen, but not every single second. It might happen twice in five or ten minutes. It's a cycle - sounds fine, then low, then garbled, then normal. I guess the manual (if there was one) got lost when moving houses. When I googled the issue, I only found results about Radio Shack going out of business.

I should have mentioned the brand and type to begin with, I'm sorry about that. What profession fixes these issues in today's world? I have a hard time locating "fixers" now.
icon9.gif  Re: What is causing sound distortion? [message #86469 is a reply to message #86444] Fri, 03 November 2017 08:06 Go to previous message
Grand Master
Well, today the radio won't even turn on, so I'm sending it off to the proper recycling/dumping station. It sure was a good one for years and will be sadly missed. It's like losing a piece of history since Radio Shack is no more.

Gofar99, I greatly appreciate the time you put into helping me and others on here! You give detailed responses and never seem impatient. I really should have included what type of radio I was discussing in my original post.
Previous Topic: Subscription Radio
Next Topic: Do you still use a traditional radio?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:30:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio