Home » Audio » Radio » Subscription Radio (Is Commercial Free Worth It?)
Subscription Radio [message #74689] Fri, 30 November 2012 19:10 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Do any of you pay for commercial free radio? I'm currently trying out a 2 week trial of Rhapsody, but I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether or not I'll pay for a subscription to the site.
Re: Subscription Radio [message #85339 is a reply to message #74689] Sun, 04 June 2017 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saxon is currently offline  Saxon
Chancellor
There are a lot of good subscription radios, but I suggest that you continue to do a couple of free trials before picking one. There's spotify, amazon music, and pandora.
Re: Subscription Radio [message #85350 is a reply to message #85339] Sun, 04 June 2017 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I'm a long time satellite listener. It does cost about $20 a month, but I get what I want when I want it. Car, home, and on a portable player (looks like futuristic a boombox).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Subscription Radio [message #85356 is a reply to message #74689] Mon, 05 June 2017 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I've never tried this before but this thread is a definite eye-opener. Having said this, what does subscription radio offer that you cannot get elsewhere?
Re: Subscription Radio [message #85370 is a reply to message #85356] Tue, 06 June 2017 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
No commercials and with XM you can take it anywhere, car, home etc. It is great for travelling long distances. It doesn't fade out. There are a very few dead spots (like in tunnels) but not nearly as problematic as anything else I have tried.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Subscription Radio [message #86059 is a reply to message #74689] Mon, 04 September 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirkman is currently offline  Kirkman
Chancellor
I've had trials of Sirius radio. I noticed immediately that it has the same repetition problem as traditional radio and the DJs are just awful. I use the free version of Pandora and have a USB drive packed with music in my car. Then I only get repetition if that's what I want.
Re: Subscription Radio [message #86286 is a reply to message #74689] Fri, 06 October 2017 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodsounds is currently offline  goodsounds
Chancellor
I have a student discount on Spotify which is half off original subscription. I listen to Spotify way more than when I was just on the free version because I don't have to listen to annoying and repetitive ads, and I have unlimited 'skips' and I can personally pick the exact songs I want to listen to. Although, once I am not on student discount anymore, I'd have to reconsider if it is worth it.
Re: Subscription Radio [message #86288 is a reply to message #86286] Sun, 08 October 2017 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
goodsounds wrote on Fri, 06 October 2017 18:52
I have a student discount on Spotify which is half off original subscription. I listen to Spotify way more than when I was just on the free version because I don't have to listen to annoying and repetitive ads, and I have unlimited 'skips' and I can personally pick the exact songs I want to listen to. Although, once I am not on student discount anymore, I'd have to reconsider if it is worth it.

Would you have to prove that you're a student to get that discount? I think I'd consider subscription radio, if I had the chance. I will have to check online, to see what's available, at what price.
Re: Subscription Radio [message #86302 is a reply to message #86288] Tue, 10 October 2017 23:15 Go to previous message
goodsounds is currently offline  goodsounds
Chancellor
@moss24:
Would you have to prove that you're a student to get that discount?
Yes, you have to enter your email, first name, last name, school, and date of birth, and then they have a company called SheerID verify if you are indeed a student and can use the student discount.
Previous Topic: Is Sirius Worth It?
Next Topic: What is causing sound distortion?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:48:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio