Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Grab An Old Receiver From Goodwill
Re: Grab An Old Receiver From Goodwill [message #77987 is a reply to message #74455] Tue, 01 October 2013 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Georgiana is currently offline  Georgiana
Chancellor
Rummages or estate sales can also be a great place to find things, especially parts. People cleaning out Dad or Grandpa's garage often don't even know what it is they are selling and will take whatever you want to offer.
Re: Grab An Old Receiver From Goodwill [message #78059 is a reply to message #74455] Wed, 09 October 2013 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I have gotten a lot of my experience by going to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and picking up old speakers, radios and stereos for next to nothing. I don't really care if they work or not because, if I can't fix them, I gut them and use them for parts on my own projects.
Re: Grab An Old Receiver From Goodwill [message #86252 is a reply to message #74455] Tue, 03 October 2017 10:20 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
To this day, the electronic section of thrift stores always seem overstocked. And I always take my phone when I go, so I can research if I stumble across something I get a "feeling" about.
Previous Topic: Necessary skills
Next Topic: Building Your Own Stringed Instrument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:15:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout