Home » Audio » Speaker » Hanging your Speakers
Hanging your Speakers [message #86227] Sun, 01 October 2017 18:42 Go to next message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I had a friend that learned macrame in order to put his huge speakers suspended from the ceiling and he swore that is made the sound much better. Can anyone speak to the validity of this claim?
Re: Hanging your Speakers [message #86242 is a reply to message #86227] Mon, 02 October 2017 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Though I have never tried it before, I believe that the speakers can still hang and produce excellent sound. There are various positioning techniques and I guess this is one of them. The important thing is to do it correctly.
Re: Hanging your Speakers [message #86279 is a reply to message #86227] Wed, 04 October 2017 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
Wow, this sounds like a really good idea! It would not get reverberation of the floor so I would think the sound would be great! I'm going to try this and see what happens!
Re: Hanging your Speakers [message #86282 is a reply to message #86227] Thu, 05 October 2017 01:27 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I would assume that the best sound effect is gotten by hanging these speakers not so high above. I've also heard that too much bass could make them sway, if they have not been fixed properly. Still, I have previously seen a variety of macrame speaker hangers that looked great. Sounds like a creative idea.
Previous Topic: Clear Wood
Next Topic: New French Wireless Headphones Satisfy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:30:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout