Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Cooling Fans
Cooling Fans [message #86223] Sun, 01 October 2017 14:20 Go to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
I'm looking for a good cooling fan/cooling fan system for my guitar tube amp. My friend suggested one but it ended up being too noisy. What are the best options out there that aren't noisy?
Re: Cooling Fans [message #86285 is a reply to message #86223] Fri, 06 October 2017 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Well, my friend makes these cooling fans and I know that if I ever needed one, I'd get it for the cheap. I once asked if anyone can assemble this but he insisted that knowledge of tube amplification and electrical power is/was important.

As far as noise is concerned, I think this would depend on the wattage. A 100 watt amp will sound louder than a 50 amp one. I haven't come across one that was completely silent.
Re: Cooling Fans [message #86359 is a reply to message #86223] Fri, 20 October 2017 16:06 Go to previous message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
Consider yourself lucky, I wish I had a friend who was handy with things like this. Thanks for the advice, I'll have to keep that in mind. Maybe a completely silent one is on the horizon. I can dream, right?
Previous Topic: What About The Wind
Next Topic: Used Harp?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:04:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout