Home » xyzzy » Tower » Do you play an instrument?
Do you play an instrument? [message #86195] Tue, 26 September 2017 09:43 Go to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
I've seen a lot of talk on here about unusual instruments. Do any of you play something unusual? Even if you don't, what do you play? I only have basic knowledge of playing the guitar and piano. I've been thinking about trying to pick up something else.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86217 is a reply to message #86195] Fri, 29 September 2017 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
I'm kind of a jack of all instruments sort of. I started on the piano in elementary, then in Jr. High I went to the clarinet, then bass clarinet, saxophone, flute, and even the bass drum in the marching band. I loved music and it was the one class that I really enjoyed most of the time.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86218 is a reply to message #86195] Fri, 29 September 2017 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I was the same way. I loved to try and become proficient on other instruments. I had a hard time with brass instruments, though. My pucker just isn't right for the brass instruments. I did however, play timpani one year!
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86259 is a reply to message #86195] Tue, 03 October 2017 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Zohanna - That's awesome. I wish I was a jack-of-all-instruments. That is a lot. Do you still play any of them?

GoldenOldie - Timpani? Very cool. I've never known someone who played that. What made you give it up? I can't do brass instruments either. I think my lungs are the problem rather than my pucker.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86261 is a reply to message #86195] Wed, 04 October 2017 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
I play the piano and guitar and piano really well. I have set my sights on learning the violin as well. If I had started a bit early, I think I'd have been a jack of all instruments.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86347 is a reply to message #86195] Fri, 20 October 2017 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
I play a few different things, some better than others. Guitar and piano are my best, I'm -okay- at the drums, played clarinet when I was little but haven't really picked one up set and I'm currently working on learning to banjo. I'm going to have to check out the topics about unusual instruments.

I've also never known someone who played timpani. Very cool!
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86351 is a reply to message #86195] Fri, 20 October 2017 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
There is nothing more satisfying than to learn to play an instrument. No matter what the instrument is, learning how to read music and get the correct sound out of the instrument of your choice is very satisfying. All children should be allowed to experience it.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86357 is a reply to message #86195] Fri, 20 October 2017 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I agree, all children should be allowed to experience it. I really think this should be something they teach children at school and not just if you sign up for band.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86551 is a reply to message #86195] Wed, 15 November 2017 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melly is currently offline  Melly
Esquire
As a matter of fact, I play the piano, which probably is pretty unexpected if you know me. As I'm not the typical musician, at least from my looks. I've been playing it for almost 5 years now and it definitely is something special, and it is rather relaxing to play.
Re: Do you play an instrument? [message #86607 is a reply to message #86195] Sun, 19 November 2017 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
I don't think I really envision a specific type of person playing the piano, or a type of person I wouldn't expect playing the piano. It's so versatile. Either way though, it's a great skill to have.
Previous Topic: Bluetooth Headaches
Next Topic: Transcribing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:12:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout