Home » Audio » Home Theater » Upgrading The Breaker
Upgrading The Breaker [message #86155] Wed, 20 September 2017 11:01 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Have you ever had to do that? You bought a new system(s), and you had to up the ampage in your breaker box so you wouldn't blow a fuse?
Re: Upgrading The Breaker [message #86156 is a reply to message #86155] Wed, 20 September 2017 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
All of us do that at some point. My challenge, over the years, has been to successfully set up a breaker box. Have you ever had a problem with that? What system are we talking about here?
Re: Upgrading The Breaker [message #86174 is a reply to message #86156] Thu, 21 September 2017 17:23 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Most gear now is far more power efficient than it was just a few years ago. I doubt that too many people will find standard circuits too low in capacity. I use high power tube gear and have no problems. I do recommend though a power filter/leveler. I use an APC H1500. Just in case of brown outs, spikes and other AC mis-behavior.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: The 40" Serif T.V.
Next Topic: HDMI surge protectors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:14:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers