Home » Audio » Home Theater » Projection Units
Projection Units [message #86152] Wed, 20 September 2017 10:32 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Do you think this will ever be in most households in the decades to come? Instead of regular television sets with local channels, cable channels and services like Netflix, we have projection units and you pick and choose channels, shows, movies, You Tube channels, etc... through a projection unit.
Re: Projection Units [message #87213 is a reply to message #86152] Fri, 09 February 2018 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
As in the channel comes through the unit doing the projecting?

It's an interesting idea, I'll give you that.

I Googled the term Projection Units and most of the results dealt with GIS mapping systems.

Re: Projection Units [message #87218 is a reply to message #86152] Sun, 11 February 2018 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reinhardt is currently offline  Reinhardt
Chancellor
I never like to rule out possibilities. However, I'm not sure if that's the direction that progression will take us. I think it's more likely that televisions will get better since I think they're way more popular than projection units. I could easily be wrong about that though! It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Re: Projection Units [message #87333 is a reply to message #86152] Fri, 02 March 2018 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SpeakUp is currently offline  SpeakUp
Chancellor
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're envisioning. Do you basically me a "smart" projection unit, instead of a smart TV? I think it's plausible if someone really wanted to make that happen. I don't see why it couldn't work (but I'm no engineer). I don't know if anyone is going to bother though. Projectors are expensive as is and that would only add to the price. It also just doesn't seem super necessary, you know? But it's a cool thought!
Re: Projection Units [message #87367 is a reply to message #86152] Sun, 04 March 2018 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnson93 is currently offline  johnson93
Chancellor
I'm reading this as if you're asking whether or not projection units will ever be a replacement for televisions. Is that right? I don't think that's going to happen. It seems like one of those really cool futuristic ideas that might have been on Back to The Future Part II, but not something that's going to really happen. I just don't think there's the need. TVs are a lot more functional since they can easily be put up in a lot of places.
Re: Projection Units [message #87479 is a reply to message #86152] Sun, 18 March 2018 19:19 Go to previous message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
You're right, Johnson, it totally sounds like something they would have had in one of the Back to the Future movies. It's a really cool idea. I've always wanted a projector for my home theater. I wish I had the wall space for it. I'll have to keep that in mind whenever I get around to building a house. Are there any companies that are actually considering this or did you come up with this idea all on your own, Nouri?
Previous Topic: Mix And Match
Next Topic: Custom home theater room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:28:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout