Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Ohm's law
Ohm's law [message #85981] Tue, 29 August 2017 07:43 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Most people know how to coil cables right as well as build them from scratch. I believe that most people perceive electricity to be a complicated topic. However, do you think an understanding of this law is important? I think understanding voltage, resistance and current doesn't hurt at all.
Re: Ohm's law [message #86000 is a reply to message #85981] Wed, 30 August 2017 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Personally I think that anyone that does not know ohm's law should not be messing with electricity and/or DIY. I wonder if they know which end of a soldering iron gets hot. Shocked It is simple...but then there are lots of folks that can't balance their checking accounts.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Ohm's law [message #86007 is a reply to message #86000] Thu, 31 August 2017 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Wed, 30 August 2017 21:58
Hi, Personally I think that anyone that does not know ohm's law should not be messing with electricity and/or DIY. I wonder if they know which end of a soldering iron gets hot. Shocked It is simple...but then there are lots of folks that can't balance their checking accounts.

That's hilarious gofar; I remember ohm's law from my college Physics and back then it looked like an easy concept. Anyone dealing with matters electricity needs to understand it, really.
Re: Ohm's law [message #86019 is a reply to message #85981] Sat, 02 September 2017 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
Electricity is not something you want to go into blindly. There are tutorials for a reason. We need them in order to work with electricity. Pretty simple.
Re: Ohm's law [message #86020 is a reply to message #85981] Sun, 03 September 2017 05:14 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I still can't coil cables from scratch but I will get there soon. In general, there are some basic concepts you have to grasp when dealing with matters electricity.
Previous Topic: Recording live plays
Next Topic: Cheap Gear
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:25:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout