Home » Audio » General » Extracting Audio from Videos
Extracting Audio from Videos [message #85898] Sun, 20 August 2017 17:32 Go to next message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
Is there a way to extract the audio tracks from YouTube videos for use on my phone for music? Is this a legal thing to want to accomplish? Maybe there is an app that would fit the bill?
Re: Extracting Audio from Videos [message #86145 is a reply to message #85898] Wed, 20 September 2017 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frankie is currently offline  Frankie
Chancellor
I don't know about an app, but Any Video Converter has always done the trick for me. Just a head's up, they will try to get you to download a security program, Bytefence or something like that - don't do it! Other than that, I've never had issues with this site before. I'm sure there is an app out there that does it too. I just haven't heard of one.

As far as the legality of extracting audio files from Youtube, it is legal as long as the video is public domain or you have the copyright owner's permission.
Re: Extracting Audio from Videos [message #88021 is a reply to message #85898] Mon, 14 May 2018 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lindasharp is currently offline  lindasharp
Esquire
Yes, to extract the audio tracks from YouTube videos for use, VideoSolo Free Video Converter does a good job in this. And it provides MP3, WAV, AAC, etc audio formats for you. After extracting, you can listen to the audio track on any devices.https://www.videosolo.com/free-video-converter/
Re: Extracting Audio from Videos [message #88099 is a reply to message #88021] Fri, 01 June 2018 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
lindasharp wrote on Mon, 14 May 2018 21:25
Yes, to extract the audio tracks from YouTube videos for use, VideoSolo Free Video Converter does a good job in this. And it provides MP3, WAV, AAC, etc audio formats for you. After extracting, you can listen to the audio track on any devices.https://www.videosolo.com/free-video-converter/

Do these sorts of apps disrupt the quality of the audio? I've always been concerned about that, on top of all of the potential legality issues.
Re: Extracting Audio from Videos [message #88287 is a reply to message #85898] Sun, 01 July 2018 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
There is always the legal issue on this. However, I think there is no problem if we use the converted audio for personal use and not for commercial use wherein we get income from it.

As for the converter app, there are many in the internet where you can convert an online video into MP3 and the app usually sends the converted file into the email you provided.
Re: Extracting Audio from Videos [message #88348 is a reply to message #85898] Fri, 06 July 2018 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
YouTube allows video download for offline viewing, but it doesn't apply to all videos. You can set the video quality to low to save data and focus on the sound.

What do you think about downloading the audio formats from other websites instead of YouTube? I assume both are illegal, but downloading the MP3 is way easier.
Re: Extracting Audio from Videos [message #88488 is a reply to message #88348] Mon, 23 July 2018 10:47 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
Yurimi wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 01:28
What do you think about downloading the audio formats from other websites instead of YouTube? I assume both are illegal, but downloading the MP3 is way easier.

I think it will be illegal when you download or convert the video into MP3 or into a video format without paying for it. What I don't know is when you upload a copyrighted material onto YouTube or other websites even when you bought the original copy.
Previous Topic: Prime Day
Next Topic: Mac or PC?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:11:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout