Home » Audio » Home Theater » USB Drive Won't Play
USB Drive Won't Play [message #85737] Sat, 29 July 2017 15:52 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
My father is here and he'd like to see our Disney photos. Unfortunately, I can't get the USB to work. I have my manual and have worked through the troubleshooting steps first before asking here. The t.v. is on. The USB stick is compatible with the television set. I have the USB stick in the correct slot. My cords are plugged in correctly, but nothing is happening on the screen. Any suggestions?

Did I put this thread in the correct spot? I wasn't sure whether it should go here or in the general area.
Re: USB Drive Won't Play [message #85744 is a reply to message #85737] Sun, 30 July 2017 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Look for the "input" button on your remote control. If you can't find it on your cable remote, look on the remote that came with your television. Use that button to find the USB. When you see the screen, your options will pop up.

On my remote, the "input" button is at the top. If this didn't fix the problem, post again and I'll try to troubleshoot your issue. I display pictures on the television screen quite often for dinners, church, and other events.

Re: USB Drive Won't Play [message #85746 is a reply to message #85744] Sun, 30 July 2017 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Another possibility is that the format of the photos is not supported by the TV. There are a number of odd formats used in cameras and phones (for photos) that are not always usable in display devices.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: USB Drive Won't Play [message #85765 is a reply to message #85744] Wed, 02 August 2017 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Madison wrote on Sun, 30 July 2017 15:08
Look for the "input" button on your remote control. . .

Gah, I can't believe I forgot to do that. I was trying to work it like a computer. You plug in a USB on a computer and autoplay pops up. I just wasn't thinking.

Thank you gofar99 for replying too.
Re: USB Drive Won't Play [message #85807 is a reply to message #85737] Sun, 06 August 2017 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saxon is currently offline  Saxon
Chancellor
Leot55, I am glad you found the solution to your problem. I think we have all tried to work one device like another before, resulting in a problem.
Re: USB Drive Won't Play [message #85813 is a reply to message #85737] Sun, 06 August 2017 16:13 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
For a moment, I thought that you were plugging the USB stick to the slot in the home theater. My TV set isn't compatible with the photos format so I opt to use the home theater slot instead and it works just fine.
Previous Topic: Would you buy the display?
Next Topic: Choosing a video display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:43:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout