Home » Audio » Movies & Music » More talent than not?
More talent than not? [message #85381] Thu, 08 June 2017 09:58 Go to next message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
Let's be honest, we all know that these day the media keeps up hype about a lot of stars. Do you think that there are more people without talent at the top of the chart because of publicity than talented people?
Re: More talent than not? [message #85398 is a reply to message #85381] Sat, 10 June 2017 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Either way, getting your way to the top is worth an applause. Yes, some people definitely owe their popularity to the media but that in any way shouldn't be taken to mean they aren't talented. Still, there are thousands of people out there who are very talented but are still waiting for the big break.
Re: More talent than not? [message #85576 is a reply to message #85398] Sat, 08 July 2017 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
Of course I am not taking away from the talent of some, but I'm bringing up the fact that a lot of artists are being neglected, purely because they aren't full of publicity stunts like others.
Re: More talent than not? [message #86264 is a reply to message #85381] Wed, 04 October 2017 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Without a doubt. For my tastes, you have to turn off the radio and dig around for the talent. There are a few people out there who get radio play and they have loads of talent, but they are the exception and not the rule.
Re: More talent than not? [message #86268 is a reply to message #85576] Wed, 04 October 2017 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Caitlan wrote on Sat, 08 July 2017 12:39
Of course I am not taking away from the talent of some, but I'm bringing up the fact that a lot of artists are being neglected, purely because they aren't full of publicity stunts like others.

Caitlan, look at it this way, you need publicity to get known out there. How do people land advertisements or endorsement deals? By simply putting themselves out there and being known. Whereas I don't dispute the fact there are many talented people that tend to get overlooked, I believed that hard work and resilience matter, in as far as showbiz is concerned.
Re: More talent than not? [message #86339 is a reply to message #85381] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I know for a fact that there many more people out there that have significant talent but were never "discovered". You have to be in the right place at the right time to make it big.
Re: More talent than not? [message #86353 is a reply to message #85381] Fri, 20 October 2017 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I believe that there are untold thousands of people out there that don't even realize that they have "star" talent. Some are trying to break into the music industry without success. You do have to be at the right place at the right time.
Re: More talent than not? [message #86393 is a reply to message #85381] Thu, 26 October 2017 17:29 Go to previous message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
Well, if we're talking musically talented, I don't know if I'd say they are. But they are talented in other ways because it's no easy feat to get to the top and in these days with social media and whatnot, it seems like it can be hard to maintain a favorable public appearance. Although, I think this is also what helps them get on top. It's a double-edged sword.
Previous Topic: What is your favorite soudtrack?
Next Topic: Halloween Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:20:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout