Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Running Music
Running Music [message #85498] Tue, 27 June 2017 06:06 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I started running in high school as a track member and kept the fitness habit. Running helps clear my head and just lets me think, but I've got to have some good beats to keep me going. My playlist is getting dull so I'm looking to switch it up. What songs motivate you to keep going?

Re: Running Music [message #85499 is a reply to message #85498] Tue, 27 June 2017 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bert is currently offline  Bert
Baron
There are a lot of songs that keep me motivated. When I'm working out, it's usually rap or something else with a fast tempo that keeps me moving quickly.
Re: Running Music [message #85509 is a reply to message #85499] Tue, 27 June 2017 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I run all the time, but recommend that no one listen to music when doing so. A good friend was killed by an auto when she ran in front of it. She was distracted by her ear phones. Less situational awareness was a major cause factor. YMMV.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Running Music [message #85511 is a reply to message #85498] Tue, 27 June 2017 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I used to run every morning at 6:00 am. There is less traffic and I can get it done and be showered before work. I just listened to the radio (my favorite channel) that way I could keep up on current events too!
Re: Running Music [message #85519 is a reply to message #85509] Thu, 29 June 2017 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
gofar99 wrote on Tue, 27 June 2017 16:18
I run all the time, but recommend that no one listen to music when doing so. A good friend was killed by an auto when she ran in front of it. She was distracted by her ear phones. Less situational awareness was a major cause factor. YMMV.

Oh, that's awful, gofar99! I'm so sorry that happened and I completely understand why you suggest caution. I only run on a treadmill, at the track, or on a trail where no bikes or cars are allowed. One reason I wear earphones is for motivation to keep going or a distraction. Another is to deter men. I know that probably sounds ridiculous, but earphones are like a "do not disturb" sign.
Re: Running Music [message #85663 is a reply to message #85509] Thu, 20 July 2017 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piglet is currently offline  Piglet
Esquire
That is very unfortunate that your friend was killed while exercising (running). All runners and other music listeners as well should always be aware of where they are and what's around them. Bad things will happen if you don't.
Re: Running Music [message #85694 is a reply to message #85498] Sun, 23 July 2017 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amber is currently offline  Amber
Baron
Anything upbeat helps me run and get motivated. However, listening to Maroon 5, Fall Out Boy, and X Ambassadors helps me the most.

-Amber
Re: Running Music [message #86566 is a reply to message #85498] Thu, 16 November 2017 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuplia is currently offline  Fuplia
Esquire
Lost the Remote wrote on Tue, 27 June 2017 06:06
I started running in high school as a track member and kept the fitness habit. Running helps clear my head and just lets me think, but I've got to have some good beats to keep me going. My playlist is getting dull so I'm looking to switch it up. What songs motivate you to keep going?

I have lots to recommend, but much of it may be outside of the range which you consider desirable. Any genres in mind? Drum and bass is pretty intense music to pump you up. Pirates of the Carribean has pretty epic music as well, for an epic style run (hehe).
Re: Running Music [message #86583 is a reply to message #85498] Sat, 18 November 2017 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
I use my workout time to do a bit of meditation. It's simple - you just have to be present in the moment and not get distracted by anything else.

For instance, if I'm running, then I should only be thinking about running, counting my steps or breaths and so on. No music, no outside thoughts. That does a lot to help me clear my mind and start off my day on the right foot.
Re: Running Music [message #86904 is a reply to message #85498] Fri, 29 December 2017 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
Have you ever used Spotify Running? It will detect your running tempo and find music that matches your speed/rhythm. It's really cool! I haven't used it in a couple years (because I got lazy) but hopefully it's still around.
Previous Topic: Golden Oldies
Next Topic: Lynyrd Skynyrd's Farewell Tour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:11:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout