Home » Audio » Home Theater » How Long Did It Take You To Set Up System?
How Long Did It Take You To Set Up System? [message #85464] Thu, 22 June 2017 13:43 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
From start to finish, how long did it take you to set up your home theater system? Did you go it alone or call a professional like the Geek Squad?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Set Up System? [message #85475 is a reply to message #85464] Sat, 24 June 2017 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
My wife gave me a home theater system for my birthday. She had the Geek Squad from Best Buy set it all up. I'm sure it took a while, even for the pros.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Set Up System? [message #85497 is a reply to message #85464] Mon, 26 June 2017 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I always set up my own systems and it takes me roughly an hour to do so. I prefer not to rush because doing so can easily affect the sound quality. How long did it take you?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Set Up System? [message #85507 is a reply to message #85497] Tue, 27 June 2017 16:11 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
My system is constantly changing so I guess the answer is eternity. However I have disassembled everything (three turntables, three preamps, two mono blocks, two sub amps, two main speakers, two subs, two tape recorders, DVD player and an XM satellite tuner) and put it all back in about 6 hours. But then since I do electronic design my system is designed to be reconfigured easily. The home theater system (in another room) took about 1/2 a day to set up and has not been changed since.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: What's the best furniture for a home theater?
Next Topic: What wattage is recommended?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:46:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio