Home » Audio » Radio » Installed car radios.
Installed car radios. [message #85331] Sat, 03 June 2017 14:51 Go to next message
Keven is currently offline  Keven
Baron
I know that some people are fine with the radio that comes with their car, while others have new radios installed. Which do you prefer?
Re: Installed car radios. [message #85335 is a reply to message #85331] Sun, 04 June 2017 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I'm one of those people that will always go for an audio upgrade. This enables you to incorporate sound improvements and also get added connectivity features. You don't necessarily need the speaker and head unit upgrades that scare most people off; just a few basic upgrades will do the trick.
Re: Installed car radios. [message #85371 is a reply to message #85335] Tue, 06 June 2017 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I used to do upgrades all the time as the existing stuff was marginal. Now the installed gear is so flexible and good that I leave it alone. My one "upgrade" is to use an external XM receiver fed into the aux on the car system. I already had the XM so it was a no cost fix. Just pop the unit out of the home base and put it in the one in the car.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Installed car radios. [message #85389 is a reply to message #85371] Thu, 08 June 2017 12:47 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
gofar99 wrote on Tue, 06 June 2017 21:15
I used to do upgrades all the time as the existing stuff was marginal. Now the installed gear is so flexible and good that I leave it alone. My one "upgrade" is to use an external XM receiver fed into the aux on the car system. I already had the XM so it was a no cost fix. Just pop the unit out of the home base and put it in the one in the car.

True Gofar. If I get you right, the modern car radio is much more advanced than what we used to have a few years back. There's much more on offer now as compared to what it was back then. I prefer to add a few powerful speakers as opposed to a full upgrade.
Previous Topic: Radio Pledge Drives
Next Topic: Do they last longer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:27:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout