Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Do you think that music should fit the scenes? Or is it just personal preference?
Do you think that music should fit the scenes? Or is it just personal preference? [message #85312] Fri, 02 June 2017 22:18 Go to next message
PlayerNM is currently offline  PlayerNM
Chancellor
I think you can either make or break a movie based on the music that is used. For instance, would Psyco be as good without the music for the show scene? Don't you need a build in intensity when horror shows get to the scary parts? Let me know your thoughts.
Re: Do you think that music should fit the scenes? Or is it just personal preference? [message #85325 is a reply to message #85312] Sat, 03 June 2017 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amber is currently offline  Amber
Baron
I have never seen Psycho, but I do know what you are talking about. I think that the music show absolutely fit the scene and what's going on. Otherwise it will take me out of the moment.

-Amber
Re: Do you think that music should fit the scenes? Or is it just personal preference? [message #85337 is a reply to message #85312] Sun, 04 June 2017 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
Sound really does need to fit the scenes and they even have music and sound directors to make sure. If you look at the work of composers like John Williams, the work that goes into film scores is incredible. Another great example of an iconic score is Jaws.
Re: Do you think that music should fit the scenes? Or is it just personal preference? [message #85444 is a reply to message #85312] Mon, 19 June 2017 16:28 Go to previous message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
Recently, I watched 50 Shades of Grey. I wasn't very impressed with the soundtrack for that one, however, the second movie, 50 Shades Darker, had much more on-point music. Just my opinion.
Previous Topic: Prison Break season 5
Next Topic: Songs you associate with shows.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:15:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio