Home » Audio » General » Do earphones/headphones last long?
Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85215] Thu, 18 May 2017 13:45 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
My thinking is that despite the cost, these listening devices aren't meant to last for long. If not, then how can we best take care of them?
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85216 is a reply to message #85215] Thu, 18 May 2017 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I guess that relates to how good the quality is and what you do with them. I have several closed ear and ear buds and both last me a long time (over 5 years). Some brands offer replacement ear pads (like Koss) and I have one pair of their phones that is at least 10 years old.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85225 is a reply to message #85215] Fri, 19 May 2017 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
I tend to fall asleep with mine on a lot and I guess they get more wear and tear that way because they never tend to last more than a month or two before they start falling apart.
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85227 is a reply to message #85215] Sun, 21 May 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
Mine never seem to last very long. I thought it was just me, but there are so many other people here saying the same thing. I guess they're just not made to last.
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85230 is a reply to message #85216] Mon, 22 May 2017 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 18 May 2017 14:49
I guess that relates to how good the quality is and what you do with them. I have several closed ear and ear buds and both last me a long time (over 5 years). Some brands offer replacement ear pads (like Koss) and I have one pair of their phones that is at least 10 years old.

Wow, I need those tips gofar. I guess mine are always malfunctioning because of the way I handle them. Owning a pair of these for more than 3 years would be a milestone for me.
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85233 is a reply to message #85230] Mon, 22 May 2017 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Singlow is currently offline  Singlow
Chancellor
I hear you. I've never owned a pair that lasted over a year and I thought that was the normal span for them. I guess I could look after my earphones better to make them last longer.
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85252 is a reply to message #85215] Thu, 25 May 2017 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keven is currently offline  Keven
Baron
Hey Singlow, it really depends on the quality of the headphones. All brands and models of headphones are different, so some last longer than others.
Re: Do earphones/headphones last long? [message #85305 is a reply to message #85215] Fri, 02 June 2017 20:51 Go to previous message
PlayerNM is currently offline  PlayerNM
Chancellor
My headphones never last me very long. The last few pairs I had were either eaten by the dogs or my granddaughter! I try to never buy ones that are too expensive for that reason! Laughing Laughing
Previous Topic: Changing format
Next Topic: What is a best age to start a child on learning music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:25:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio