Home » Audio » Speaker » Damaged speakers
Damaged speakers [message #85085] Mon, 01 May 2017 17:52 Go to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
My speaker fell over during a party and now it sounds 'off' and I don't know if it's possible to fix it or not. What do you think?
Re: Damaged speakers [message #85086 is a reply to message #85085] Mon, 01 May 2017 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Singlow is currently offline  Singlow
Chancellor
I think that it depends on how badly your speaker is broken. I know that generally blown speakers can be repaired, but I'm not an expert on the issue.
Re: Damaged speakers [message #85097 is a reply to message #85085] Mon, 01 May 2017 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
Hi, I'd recommend taking your speaker to someone who could fix it or back to where you purchased it from. If you had a warranty on it, maybe you can get your money back?
Re: Damaged speakers [message #85102 is a reply to message #85085] Wed, 03 May 2017 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
If there's obvious damage like a cracked case or a dent to the cone you might be able to get a replacement part. Otherwise I'd suggest taking it to a professional to have a look at or just replacing it if it was a cheap speaker. Is it still under warranty?
Re: Damaged speakers [message #85108 is a reply to message #85085] Wed, 03 May 2017 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lark is currently offline  Lark
Baron
It's no longer under warranty, that's why I was worried. I think I will take your advice and have a professional look it over. Hopefully it makes sense to fix it rather than having to buy a new one.
Re: Damaged speakers [message #85132 is a reply to message #85108] Mon, 08 May 2017 02:28 Go to previous message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Lark wrote on Wed, 03 May 2017 18:15
It's no longer under warranty, that's why I was worried. I think I will take your advice and have a professional look it over. Hopefully it makes sense to fix it rather than having to buy a new one.

As far as I know, a warranty never caters for repairs resulting from human fault. I think it will be helpful if you approached someone else to repair it for you. It might be something that can easily be fixed.
Previous Topic: Speakers with inbuilt lights?
Next Topic: Outdoor setups?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:30:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout