Home » xyzzy » Tower » Earphones OK for six year old?
Earphones OK for six year old? [message #84823] Sun, 26 March 2017 16:10 Go to next message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
Whenever we're all sitting in the lounge watching TV, my daughter likes to watch her own favorite shows on her laptop and use earphones. I'm worried this might cause some damage in the long run. What do you think?
Re: Earphones OK for six year old? [message #84825 is a reply to message #84823] Sun, 26 March 2017 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Earphones can do that. Parents can to some extent monitor it, but if your child is a regular earphone user ..... Some devices (probably no laptops though) have build in features that will limit the sound level. They can work, but again they can be turned off by the listener. Education of the danger may work.... A lot depends on the child.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Earphones OK for six year old? [message #84837 is a reply to message #84823] Tue, 28 March 2017 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
What would worry me more is that kind of exclusion from the rest. I've made it a rule in the house that when we're all seated in the lounge, it's time to catch up and bond. Nonetheless, I think earphones of good quality don't have a negative effect per se.
Re: Earphones OK for six year old? [message #84842 is a reply to message #84823] Tue, 28 March 2017 15:30 Go to previous message
Singlow is currently offline  Singlow
Chancellor
In as much as I would love to see my kids sitting together, 'bonding' or catching up, the reality is that they have so little in common when it comes to entertainment that I feel it would be unfair to expect them all to watch one show together.
Previous Topic: Pre-Programmed Tweets
Next Topic: Measuring what you say
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:08:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout