Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 pi plans and a woofer question
3 pi plans and a woofer question [message #84814] Sat, 25 March 2017 12:28 Go to next message
sootboots is currently offline  sootboots
Esquire
Hi all from snow-bound Newfoundland!

First of all, I would like a copy of the 3 pi plans. Not sure i will be building them but i am interested in it as an option. Which leads me to my woofer question. I have a pair of 12" woofers from the Pioneer HPM-100 speakers. From all accounts a decent woofer modelled on the JBL L123. Has anyone on this forum used this woofer in a 3pi speaker? I have seen the version built by Kegger on the AudioKarma econowave thread and it looks promising. As nea as i can tell the woofer is well behaved and has an efficiency of around 92dB. I will be using them with 300b SET and turntable with a phono preamp.

Thanks,
John
Re: 3 pi plans and a woofer question [message #84817 is a reply to message #84814] Sun, 26 March 2017 12:19 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

As for woofer options, the only ones that are recommended for each of my designs are shown in the plans.

This isn't to say that other woofers aren't suitable, it's just that each design is optimized and tested with specific drivers. In many cases, the crossover components are slightly different, depending on the driver options chosen.

Previous Topic: 18" corner horn design
Next Topic: 3 Pi subwoofer build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:06:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout