Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Assembling your own
Assembling your own [message #84757] Sun, 12 March 2017 15:02 Go to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
This is something I have never thought of trying but I'm thinking it is actually possible. What would I need to make my own speaker which would definitely not be of exceptional quality but still decent?
Re: Assembling your own [message #84762 is a reply to message #84757] Sun, 12 March 2017 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spindr is currently offline  spindr
Chancellor
moss24 wrote on Sun, 12 March 2017 15:02
This is something I have never thought of trying but I'm thinking it is actually possible. What would I need to make my own speaker which would definitely not be of exceptional quality but still decent?

I would imagine it's possible. You can probably find plans online somewhere. I don't know how easy it will be to find some of the components, though, like the really powerful magnets.
Re: Assembling your own [message #84765 is a reply to message #84762] Sun, 12 March 2017 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Designing your own speakers requires time, in my opinion. It might as well not be easy to immediately get all the components that you would need. I am thinking such an arrangement is worth considering if you are building for commercial purposes.
Re: Assembling your own [message #84776 is a reply to message #84765] Mon, 13 March 2017 21:19 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi You are in the right place....I would provide specifics...like your skills, how much you want to invest in it, what you want to listen to, what other gear do you have...from all that someone here is sure to be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Improve sound in wall speakers
Next Topic: Haynes Retro Radio?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:56:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers