Home » Audio » General » Audio with video
Audio with video [message #84735] Sat, 11 March 2017 01:06 Go to next message
spindr is currently offline  spindr
Chancellor
It seems harder than it ought to be to get quality audio while having an equally high quality video feed - especially trying to do it live and with more than one person involved (in different locations). What do you recommend for accomplishing this in the best possible way?
Re: Audio with video [message #84745 is a reply to message #84735] Sat, 11 March 2017 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Alot of money. Audio and video are just like any other product out there, the more money you spend, the higher quality you can get. Of course, at that point, you should be somewhat of an expert in the field so you can utilize both properly.
Re: Audio with video [message #84751 is a reply to message #84735] Sun, 12 March 2017 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
You say feed, so I'm guessing that you're streaming these? If so, your real limit is going to be bandwidth and network capacity. If it is having to strain to manage the audio and video, or compress it to manage the data then the quality will suffer. Get a decent bandwidth and processor to stream this. No setup can give decent output if it is getting low quality input.
Re: Audio with video [message #84753 is a reply to message #84735] Sun, 12 March 2017 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I totally agree with you. I also stream movies online, and because of the need to conserve my data, I find that the quality really suffers.
Re: Audio with video [message #84763 is a reply to message #84751] Sun, 12 March 2017 16:39 Go to previous message
spindr is currently offline  spindr
Chancellor
I didn't think about the bandwidth issue. I was trying to do it on Facebook, which (I'm sure) has its own issues with streaming and limits - as well as compression, which I also neglected to consider. I think I need a different platform.
Previous Topic: Reducing noise when recording
Next Topic: Modifying your car radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:43:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout