Home » Audio » General » Earphones to use when jogging
Earphones to use when jogging [message #84689] Tue, 07 March 2017 05:22 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Is it ever a good idea to have these on when outdoors? Proponents argue that it aids in keeping your concentration in check whereas opponents assert that this can be a huge distraction. Either way, what specifications should I look out for?
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #84697 is a reply to message #84689] Tue, 07 March 2017 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
As a long time jogger...I say it is a very bad idea. You tend to lose situational awarness. This can be really bad for single women. Someone can come from behind and you will never hear them. Also it is easy to get wrapped up in the music and miss something like a bicycle or very quiet electric car about to hit you.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #84709 is a reply to message #84689] Thu, 09 March 2017 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I stopped using these, albeit after a bad experience. From that moment on, I prefer to have no baggage at all when jogging. A little lapse in concentration could just ruin everything, you know.
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #84715 is a reply to message #84689] Thu, 09 March 2017 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
You know one thing most average people don't do? Think. It would be a good idea to use the time while jogging to just exercise your mind and think.
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #84760 is a reply to message #84689] Sun, 12 March 2017 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I agree. Sometimes we allow music and movies to distract us from actual thinking about our lives and how to make them better. That time jogging could be used for that. In fact, what better time than when your brain has all that oxygen pumping into it?
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #84770 is a reply to message #84760] Mon, 13 March 2017 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hylo
Baron
It depends where I'm running. On a trail I know is safe, dedicated to runners, horse-riders and no cars, I'll listen to music while I jog. It distracts me from the burn and sore feet. On the roads and open tracks with cars, it's not a good idea.
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #85083 is a reply to message #84689] Sun, 30 April 2017 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keven is currently offline  Keven
Baron
It definitely depends where you are. In all honesty, the only place that I have headphones on when jogging is at the gym on a treadmill, and even then I'm constantly checking my surroundings. I recommend if you're outside and absolutely need music only have one earbud in.
Re: Earphones to use when jogging [message #85128 is a reply to message #84689] Sun, 07 May 2017 02:04 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I've never quite thought about having anything between my ears during my routine jogs. I prefer to be aware of everything that goes on within my surrounding. You don't want to get hit from behind just because you can't hear.
Previous Topic: Audio missing?
Next Topic: Peak Watts meaning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:20:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout