Home » Audio » Home Theater » Blu-ray and Wifi to PC (Blu-ray with wifi connection to PC for videos)
Blu-ray and Wifi to PC [message #84268] Sat, 07 January 2017 22:10 Go to next message
tvglaser is currently offline  tvglaser
Esquire
I've been struggling with a problem for a very long time and decided to try and figure this issue out. I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT500. It's connected to my wifi network (U-verse). I'm connecting to my dell pc via the network drive. I'm playing movies with the format of mkv....about 2gb in size. I can connect to the network drive, see my list of movies, and select one. It starts to play....but pauses while it catches up. After 3 or 4 seconds, it continues. Plays for a bit...and freezes once again. I can't figure out if it's the blu-ray player, the PC, or the wifi network. I have seen a few discussions on other threads, but could not find how to resolve this issue. I have 100s of home family movies on my PC, this seems like the perfect setup, if I can get it to work.

Any idea what's causing the delay? Or stutter, as it catches up?

Thanks, Tom
Re: Blu-ray and Wifi to PC [message #84276 is a reply to message #84268] Sun, 08 January 2017 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like the network. I see this all the time with streaming content on networks that can't keep up.

Try a direct ethernet connection. If that works, then focus on improving the wifi signal. Might try changing channels.

Re: Blu-ray and Wifi to PC [message #84329 is a reply to message #84268] Sun, 15 January 2017 21:58 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Though I haven't experienced such a thing before, I see how annoying it can be. Hope you find a solution soon, as suggested by Wayne.
Previous Topic: An appropriate home theater for a 3D TV
Next Topic: Buying a home theater from a friend
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:33:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout