Home » Audio » Radio » How has radio changed over the years?
How has radio changed over the years? [message #83758] Fri, 21 October 2016 16:46 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
If you didn't know, radio was initially used for communication between ships at sea. It is amazing that over the years, the radio has evolved to become a major source of news and entertainment.

In your opinion, what has changed over the years?
Re: How has radio changed over the years? [message #83788 is a reply to message #83758] Tue, 25 October 2016 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
drake wrote on Fri, 21 October 2016 16:46
If you didn't know, radio was initially used for communication between ships at sea.

It's funny you should mention that. Decades ago when Casey Casem did the top 20 countdown he also did "dedications". A woman or man would dedicate a love song to another, and one such dedication was from a man to a woman saying they were "two ships that passed in the night".

I think radio will come full circle and return to the days when the broadcasting takes on a simpler job.
Re: How has radio changed over the years? [message #83790 is a reply to message #83758] Wed, 26 October 2016 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Radio has only changed in regards to peoples' perceptions of it. It isn't perceived as being as useful as it once was, so people don't listen to it as much.

I see less broadcasts of music on the radio and more broadcasts of an informative nature in the future.
Re: How has radio changed over the years? [message #83795 is a reply to message #83788] Thu, 27 October 2016 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Azuri wrote on Tue, 25 October 2016 14:58

A woman or man would dedicate a love song to another, and one such dedication was from a man to a woman saying they were "two ships that passed in the night".

I think radio will come full circle and return to the days when the broadcasting takes on a simpler job.

This is really interesting. I hope I get to experience it when the radio comes full circle. It will be really interesting to reminisce the past, especially when broadcasting wasn't really the main thing.
Re: How has radio changed over the years? [message #83857 is a reply to message #83758] Thu, 03 November 2016 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leon is currently offline  Leon
Chancellor
At the rate the media is reporting non-news and either biased or misleading information, I highly doubt the radio will be revived as anything other than just another channel to serve this purpose.
Re: How has radio changed over the years? [message #84228 is a reply to message #83758] Sat, 31 December 2016 08:02 Go to previous message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
I also doubt if we are ever going to experience the radio coming in a full circle. The rate at which the media is carrying out reporting is quite worrying indeed.
Previous Topic: Switching channels solution
Next Topic: Non-radio radio stations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:22:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout