Home » xyzzy » Tower » Smart TVs
Smart TVs [message #83973] Sat, 26 November 2016 08:27 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I am looking to own a smart TV soon. What are some pros and cons here? What are some of the apps that I should install?
Re: Smart TVs [message #83982 is a reply to message #83973] Mon, 28 November 2016 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
There is no better starting point than Netflix and then I would also add Amazon Prime Video and Playstation Now. Depending on where you are, I'd also install Hulu.
Re: Smart TVs [message #84010 is a reply to message #83982] Sat, 03 December 2016 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi A note of caution...smart TVs can be hacked. Be sure to change the ID (if it allows) and password protect it. DO the same for anything that is attached to it if possible. Some of the TVs with built in video cameras (for conferencing) can be remotely activated and you can be the star on someone elses TV or perhaps Facebook or other sites.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Smart TVs [message #84012 is a reply to message #84010] Sun, 04 December 2016 02:31 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 03 December 2016 15:10
Hi A note of caution...smart TVs can be hacked. Be sure to change the ID (if it allows) and password protect it. DO the same for anything that is attached to it if possible. Some of the TVs with built in video cameras (for conferencing) can be remotely activated and you can be the star on someone elses TV or perhaps Facebook or other sites.

This is even scarier than I thought. I have never bothered to check whether there is a password and ID for that matter. Looks like there is no safety (at all) when connected to the internet.
Previous Topic: How often do you drive?
Next Topic: Sonic Manipulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:11:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout