Home » Audio » Source » Buying a CD player today
Buying a CD player today [message #83608] Thu, 29 September 2016 07:28 Go to next message
Keluv is currently offline  Keluv
Chancellor
I recently read an article about a newly released CD player with amazing design and great features, as if it's sold not only as a musical instrument, but also as decoration. Sometimes I wonder if there is still any point in buying those items given how portable music is nowadays.
Re: Buying a CD player today [message #83619 is a reply to message #83608] Fri, 30 September 2016 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi It kind of depends on what you have as a music collection. If all you have is downloads then I would probably skip the CD player. However, the better ones do blue ray dvd and can be part of a home theater system. They do cost a bit often though for the really good ones. On the flip side a modest blue ray will do cds and can be bought for under $100.

Something to consider though if all you have are downloads....do you have a back up copy of them? If not you can be in a real bind if something happens to the originals. There is controversy over whether or not you own the music or not. If it is lost you may have a difficult time getting any back.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Buying a CD player today [message #83629 is a reply to message #83608] Sun, 02 October 2016 10:08 Go to previous message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
For some cases, illegal downloads can't be helped, so I try to buy the original CD if I can afford them. If I play music at the house while doing something else, having a good quality player is a strong reason to get one. Aesthetic is just additional point, but it doesn't hurt to have.
Previous Topic: Cleaning soap for vinyl
Next Topic: Virtual "Sound"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:30:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout