Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Mitsubishi CDR longevity
Mitsubishi CDR longevity [message #83472] Sun, 04 September 2016 06:05 Go to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
Has anyone here had issues of longevity with this brand of CDR? A friend recently told me not to purchase it as he'd had one that degraded within 2 years!

Re: Mitsubishi CDR longevity [message #83494 is a reply to message #83472] Mon, 05 September 2016 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodial
Chancellor
Although CDRs and CDR-Ws typically last much longer than 2 years, I've heard of some having similar issues to your friend's; these are not of any particular brand, though. I'd say to avoid that brand as there are many others on the market.
Re: Mitsubishi CDR longevity [message #83504 is a reply to message #83494] Mon, 05 September 2016 16:52 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I hear about it, but have never had any issues. I have many disks of many brands that are more than 10 years old (some even much older) and all work fine. I suspect that it may be an issue of how they are stored and handled. A second issue is the quality of the player / recorder. Not all were great devices.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Audiotool
Next Topic: Sampling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:48:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers