Home » Audio » Radio » Online Radio vs Traditional Radio
Online Radio vs Traditional Radio [message #81168] Sat, 21 February 2015 13:22 Go to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
Which do you prefer...listening to music on a traditional radio (either in a vehicle or an actual radio player) or listening to music online? They both have their benefits, as well as cons.
Re: Online Radio vs Traditional Radio [message #82364 is a reply to message #81168] Sat, 09 April 2016 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I usually end up listening to traditional music in my car, but wish that I was listening to online music. Regular radio has gotten pretty terrible over the past few years. It seems like they don't play anything good anymore.
Re: Online Radio vs Traditional Radio [message #82433 is a reply to message #81168] Fri, 22 April 2016 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Somehow I prefer traditional radio. I like to listen to music on the go. With radio, there is something comforting in the old, traditional style of tuning the machine when you are on the way. Perhaps because it acts like a nostalgia portal for me because I listened to radio a lot when I was younger. I can't exactly tell you why I love it; I just do.
Re: Online Radio vs Traditional Radio [message #83380 is a reply to message #81168] Fri, 26 August 2016 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodial
Chancellor
I'd have to go with online radio simply because of quality. I can't stand bad reception, plus, it's safer; I've once been in the car when a friend, busy trying to get clear reception, nearly hit another car.
Re: Online Radio vs Traditional Radio [message #83447 is a reply to message #81168] Thu, 01 September 2016 05:50 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I normally listen to either of these depending on the situation. Reception is definitely better with the online radio but it almost feels odd as compared to the traditional option. Do you end up getting more variety online?
Previous Topic: Do you still listen to the radio?
Next Topic: 1930s and 1940s broadcasts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:11:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout