Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 pi speaker plans please
4 pi speaker plans please [message #83418] Mon, 29 August 2016 19:12 Go to next message
kylejones89 is currently offline  kylejones89
Esquire
I've been lusting after these for a while, but I have some questions.

How far apart and how high off of the floor should these be ideally? I would like to make a custom console/tv stand combo that contains them.

Are the baffle cut outs different between the two woofer options?

Can I have the plans for the 3 and 4 pi subwoofers as well? I would like to consider incorporating them into the design.

Thanks, Kyle
Re: 4 pi speaker plans please [message #83419 is a reply to message #83418] Mon, 29 August 2016 19:32 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Answers below your questions:

I've been lusting after these for a while, but I have some questions.

How far apart and how high off of the floor should these be ideally? I would like to make a custom console/tv stand combo that contains them.

Set the speakers at ear level height. They should be outside the listening area, back enough that their axes cross in front of listeners. See the link below.

Are the baffle cut outs different between the two woofer options?

No, the cabinet is the same regardless of options chosen.

Can I have the plans for the 3 and 4 pi subwoofers as well? I would like to consider incorporating them into the design.

You've got mail!

I've sent plans for the four π mains and the three π subs. There is no four π model subwoofer. The next step is the 12π hornsub, which is overkill.

The best way to incorporate the subs with the mains is in a flanking sub configuration. Each main speaker has its own subwoofer set slightly below, beside and behind. This approach smooths room modes and self-interference from nearest boundaries.

Previous Topic: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built
Next Topic: Binding posts for 4 Pi questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:35:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout