Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Are you like me?
Are you like me? [message #29048] Sun, 18 April 2004 15:28 Go to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
As contrasted with "Do you like me?".

Are you lazy? Impatient?

Do you have low minimum standards for acceptable aesthetics?

Is your wife/significant other incredibly accepting of his/her living space?

Then forget the inferiority-complex inducing pursuit of trying to emulate Martinelli or Epstein. Surrender to the dark side, characterized by being the easy way out (as usual).

This stuff is GREAT!

Re: Are you like me? [message #82295 is a reply to message #29048] Tue, 22 March 2016 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
It's not every day that you see 12 year old sales pages still up and clickable. Shocked

Boss is a very trusted and reliable brand (no, I don't work for or with them) so I guess I'm not that surprised to see them there.

But still.......who needs 300 watts?
Re: Are you like me? [message #82526 is a reply to message #29048] Wed, 27 April 2016 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
A Boss Laughing

The kids these days with their low riders and tricked out Honda Accords. They're the main offenders, and then you have your average working Joe who shares the 2 bedroom apartment with 8 other people so he can afford to drive around with a system like he has something to prove.

That would be my guess.
Re: Are you like me? [message #82624 is a reply to message #29048] Sun, 15 May 2016 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
You get it for the bragging rights. Like the people with $300 dollar sports shoes. You don't need them, no one NEEDS 300 dollar shoes, you just want them really bad.
Re: Are you like me? [message #82735 is a reply to message #82526] Thu, 26 May 2016 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
The Noise wrote on Wed, 27 April 2016 16:30
A Boss Laughing

The kids these days with their low riders and tricked out Honda Accords. They're the main offenders, and then you have your average working Joe who shares the 2 bedroom apartment with 8 other people so he can afford to drive around with a system like he has something to prove.

That would be my guess.

I know exactly what you are talking about. There is a large group of kids that hang out at our local Dunkin Donuts and I could see one of them having these in the back of their car. It's very interesting that the lights glow to the beat of the bass. I wouldn't be caught dead with these in my ride!
Re: Are you like me? [message #83186 is a reply to message #82735] Tue, 02 August 2016 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Thaddeus wrote on Thu, 26 May 2016 11:08
The Noise wrote on Wed, 27 April 2016 16:30
A Boss Laughing

That would be my guess.

I know exactly what you are talking about. There is a large group of kids that hang out at our local Dunkin Donuts and I could see one of them having these in the back of their car. It's very interesting that the lights glow to the beat of the bass. I wouldn't be caught dead with these in my ride!

And then because of all the aftermarket distractions, they have an accident and wind up in the hospital. Between that bill and raised insurance rate, they end up selling the car for scrap so they can pay the bills.

Reality has a way of turning off the lights
Re: Are you like me? [message #83359 is a reply to message #29048] Tue, 16 August 2016 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
No way I am going to have those near my car(they look scary). Perhaps a younger version of myself would have liked this. However, the Boss brand is a good and reputable one and I think that we get value for money when purchasing their products.
Re: Are you like me? [message #83877 is a reply to message #82295] Fri, 04 November 2016 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
No one needs them, but we all want them, don't we. If we are honest with ourselves, there's a lot of stuff in our houses that we wanted but didn't need. It's just nice to have.
Re: Are you like me? [message #83878 is a reply to message #29048] Fri, 04 November 2016 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
I guess it all comes down to a matter of personal preference (and age...) but having said that, you still can't deny that it's real quality products and good value for money.
Re: Are you like me? [message #85551 is a reply to message #29048] Thu, 06 July 2017 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I'm in agreement that it is probably our age and the fact that we are now more into impressing our bosses not the other kids around the neighborhood. I, myself, am going sheik not sheen!
Previous Topic: Haynes Retro Radio?
Next Topic: Buying parts online
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout