Home » Audio » Speaker » Splicing Wires
Splicing Wires [message #83184] Tue, 02 August 2016 04:27 Go to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
It happens.......something runs over, or otherwise chews through, your speaker wires and you have to splice them together to get them to work again. Are you a "twist and tape" kind of person, or do you get your solder kit out, call out from work and block all phone calls until the job is done?
Re: Splicing Wires [message #83192 is a reply to message #83184] Wed, 03 August 2016 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I'm all about the twist and tape method. It's always just a quick fix though because I always end up buying new wire to replace it.
Re: Splicing Wires [message #83331 is a reply to message #83184] Tue, 09 August 2016 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I am also a twist and tape person but that will be just be in the short term. The probability that they will stop working soon after is high when you just tape them so it is always best to solder them.
Re: Splicing Wires [message #83449 is a reply to message #83184] Thu, 01 September 2016 06:35 Go to previous message
Thaddeus is currently offline  Thaddeus
Baron
If I'm in a hurry and I don't have the time I'll just twist and tape them together. Other times I've used heat shrink connects and that seems to get the job done a little more permanently.
Previous Topic: The Science Of Hearing
Next Topic: Assembling your own unit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:53:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout