Home » xyzzy » Tower » Favorite Modern Quotes
Favorite Modern Quotes [message #82342] Mon, 04 April 2016 18:31 Go to next message
JuneBug is currently offline  JuneBug
Chancellor
I watched the movie Ender's Game recently. It wasn't the best movie ever, and the book wasn't the best-but they had an interesting central message. They also had a pretty awesome quote for the main character,"In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. "
Re: Favorite Modern Quotes [message #82343 is a reply to message #82342] Mon, 04 April 2016 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JillbeQuick is currently offline  JillbeQuick
Chancellor
Dr.Seuss has some pretty good quotes. He is my favorite children's author.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
― Dr. Seuss

Jack jumped over a candlestick
Re: Favorite Modern Quotes [message #82463 is a reply to message #82342] Sun, 24 April 2016 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect".

Mark Twain

He had so many good one's, it is impossible for me to pinpoint a favorite. He's my favorite humorist, so they are all my favorites.
Re: Favorite Modern Quotes [message #82514 is a reply to message #82342] Wed, 27 April 2016 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I have a timely one:

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet"

Abraham Lincoln said it, and knowing his place in history like we do just gives the quote as even heavier meaning.
Re: Favorite Modern Quotes [message #82519 is a reply to message #82342] Wed, 27 April 2016 05:31 Go to previous message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
"I am amazed at Radio DJ's today. I am firmly convinced that AM on my radio stands for absolute moron. I will not begin to tell you what FM stands for."

I don't know who Jasper Carrot is, the man who said that, but I thought it was funny. And partly true. The morning rush DJ's I just can't stand. The one's on the graveyard shift are more bearable.
Previous Topic: Merle Haggard Dies on His 79th Birthday
Next Topic: fun places to visit near Orlando
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:47:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout