Home » Audio » General » Headphones for Android Phones
Headphones for Android Phones [message #70378] Sun, 04 December 2011 12:10 Go to next message
Express is currently offline  Express
Chancellor
I have a Droid phone and I listen to music on it occasionally when I'm traveling. I prefer bigger headphones as opposed to ear buds but it seems hard to find headphones you can use with a phone. I have used Skull Candy ear buds in the past and actually liked the way they sit in my ears but maybe something bigger would be better. Any recommendations?
Re: Headphones for Android Phones [message #82301 is a reply to message #70378] Tue, 22 March 2016 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
All I can think of at this point in time as far as headphones (earmuffs) in 2016 is Beats by Dr. Dre. I don't know if they are Droid compatible though.
Re: Headphones for Android Phones [message #82312 is a reply to message #82301] Fri, 25 March 2016 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Unfortunately, Beats have a considerable bit of hype. Better to save a bunch of $$ and get other phones. For both over the ear and in the ear I use Sennheisers. The over the ear ones are model HD280pro. Inexpensive and quite good. Others further up the line are even better but IMO not really worth the cost. For in the ear I use their CX300/II. There is probably a newer version of it. They really sound great, don't cost too much and are comfortable. Depending on your budget and tastes there are ones from Grado that are rather good as well as many other companies. I saw a while back (about a year) a huge comparison of phones. All types and prices that were rated on sound quality and cost. I don't have a link for it but I suspect a search would turn it up. It was quite enlightening. Many costly phones didn't fare well and many more modest ones were highly ranked for their sound quality.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Headphones for Android Phones [message #82317 is a reply to message #70378] Tue, 29 March 2016 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I don't listen to a lot of music on my phone but I do have a Panasonic KX-TCA430 set of over-the-ear headphones that I use for my Droid. I have a GalaxyS4 and the work fine for just over $20. Check eBay for some good deals on more expensive but better quality sets.
Re: Headphones for Android Phones [message #82320 is a reply to message #70378] Wed, 30 March 2016 10:08 Go to previous message
DangerPost is currently offline  DangerPost
Esquire
I would also recommend Sennheiser as a great brand. I recently got my hands on a pair of HD449s at 80% reduced price and they provide great sound.

I find the trick is to find the point at which a company is releasing a new set of headphones and buy the previous iteration of that model - they tend to be pretty comparable, but it saves you paying ticket price and often means you can afford replacements much sooner!
Previous Topic: Radio stations that still play lps?
Next Topic: Autographed Albums
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:24:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout