Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, can I purchase the crossover circuit board only for Pi4?
Wayne, can I purchase the crossover circuit board only for Pi4? [message #82315] Tue, 29 March 2016 07:00 Go to next message
OneBean is currently offline  OneBean
Baron
I've been collecting some capacitors and resistors to sample, and I would like to build a second set of cross overs to A/B against the stock setup. I was hoping I could buy just the circuit board and use my own components to build them up. Let me know if they are available, what the cost is, and how to order them. Thanks.

Could you also send plans for 2Pi bookshelf. I'm planning a summer project with my sons, building them either Pi1 or Pi2 for their bedrooms. They are excited.

Onebean
Re: Wayne, can I purchase the crossover circuit board only for Pi4? [message #82316 is a reply to message #82315] Tue, 29 March 2016 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, crossover boards are available stuffed or unstuffed. Just go to the shopping cart and order; We have them in stock.

Re: Wayne, can I purchase the crossover circuit board only for Pi4? [message #82318 is a reply to message #82316] Wed, 30 March 2016 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OneBean is currently offline  OneBean
Baron
Wayne, I ordered the unstuffed boards this morning. Is there a detailed layout of where to connect all the crossover components? I studied the Pi4 plans last night, and have most of it figured out. I'm just scratching my head on which trace the inductors get soldered onto, and want to double check my other assumptions.

I assumed I could look at my existing crossovers to double check myself, but my existing crossovers must be an old version, because they don't look anything like the boards I ordered.

Also, can you please email me the Pi2 bookshelf plans?

Thanks.
Re: Wayne, can I purchase the crossover circuit board only for Pi4? [message #82321 is a reply to message #82318] Wed, 30 March 2016 12:10 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I sent plans yesterday, so please check your mail.

As for the PCB, see the board layout:

http://www.PiSpeakers.com/Pi_Crossover_PCB.gif

There are some locations that are "double populated," meaning different components are used depending on application. Some places have both resistors and inductors, for example. In those places, you can trace the etch to see where to connect.

Previous Topic: 2pi Tower Plans
Next Topic: woofer type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:44:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout