Home » Audio » General » Dirt in jack? (Speaker)
Dirt in jack? [message #82246] Fri, 18 March 2016 14:16 Go to next message
JuneBug is currently offline  JuneBug
Chancellor
My baby got ahold of my speaker, and now when I turn it on, no sound comes out. If I put it in my headphones, I can hear the music.
Do you think she clogged up tha jack?
How do I clean it?
Re: Dirt in jack? [message #82247 is a reply to message #82246] Fri, 18 March 2016 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JillbeQuick is currently offline  JillbeQuick
Chancellor
First option: If you have an electronic duster, put the straw in the jack and clean it out with that.
2nd option: If you have a Q-tip or brush small enough to fit in the jack, dab it in alcohol, and swirl it around in the jack.
If there is dirt in it, that should clean it out.

Jack jumped over a candlestick
Re: Dirt in jack? [message #82248 is a reply to message #82246] Fri, 18 March 2016 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
After you fix the problem, look into putting your speakers somewhere that the baby can't reach them. Electronics and babies don't get along well sometimes. It's kind of dangerous.
Re: Dirt in jack? [message #82260 is a reply to message #82246] Sun, 20 March 2016 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JillbeQuick is currently offline  JillbeQuick
Chancellor
Don't I know it. I live in a small space, and I am constantly running around and picking up things she shouldn't have. She is just starting to take small steps as well, so it seems each new spot I find to put things, she just as quickly finds away to get into. I think it is time to install cabinet locks. Smh

Jack jumped over a candlestick
Re: Dirt in jack? [message #82263 is a reply to message #82246] Sun, 20 March 2016 13:00 Go to previous message
JuneBug is currently offline  JuneBug
Chancellor
Exactly! My little girl has a knack for finding all the little areas where I move the dangerous, or valuables to. The more you don't want her to have it, the more her shifting little mind must have it. I feel like half of her brain is completely devoted into overcoming the baby "obstacles" we put on all the dangerous cabinets. Right now we have the little latches you slide through the handles, but I predict she will figure those out in a few months.
Previous Topic: Audiophile words
Next Topic: Need help on new earphones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:56:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout