Home » Audio » General » Audio Commercials
Audio Commercials [message #82092] Mon, 22 February 2016 11:25 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I have noticed a disturbing lack of commercials for audio equipment over the years. Do you think this passion for all things audio that we share has become a niche market?
Re: Audio Commercials [message #82102 is a reply to message #82092] Mon, 22 February 2016 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I think we see fewer devices advertised because fewer are needed. Now we have devices that do it all from music to video to phone calls. You can listen to the radio on your phone or computer. Individual components are no longer needed because the consumer wants one device that does it all.
Re: Audio Commercials [message #82114 is a reply to message #82102] Mon, 22 February 2016 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Not all of us. I'm in the market for a hand-crank Victrola. Laughing

I know what you mean though. These devices though, you can't get the sound quality that comes from a stereo unit that covers an entire wall.

Kids these days.
Re: Audio Commercials [message #82141 is a reply to message #82114] Fri, 04 March 2016 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I've noticed that there have been very few audio commercials too. The last one I saw was for speakers. I think Chase is right, we have so many devices that have some type of audio in them that most people don't need the components anymore.
Re: Audio Commercials [message #82156 is a reply to message #82092] Wed, 09 March 2016 09:45 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
What used to be the norm in every household has now become a niche market it seems. I think this is a good thing because it allows manufacturers to focus on quality.
Previous Topic: Music Like This.....
Next Topic: What to use to hold equipment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:33:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout